Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Our Saviour's Birth

Trying to get in the Christmas spirit has been difficult when our hearts are breaking over the tragedy that took place at Sandy Hook, knowing that the parents and loved ones who lost a child or relative are hurting so much. I cannot begin to imagine what they are feeling or the void they will be experiencing this holiday season.  I feel selfish when I start to get excited thinking about how much fun it will be to see my granddaughter's reaction when she opens her gifts this Christmas. The tears will not stop flowing.

These little children's lives were touched at such a young age by someone very special, "their teacher"!  Do we really know what responsibiltiy we have when God calls us to teach?  Sure, it is important to teach them their A-B-C's and 1-2-3's but what about love, peace, and kindness.  I think the most important thing we should be teaching these little ones is about God's love and that He sent His only Son, "Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Saviour"! It is at such a time as this when I am humbled by God's grace and the sacrifice He made by sending His Son to save us from sin and darkness.  Thank you, God, for the most precious gift of all!  May this reminder bring us all some comfort and peace this Christmas!
Joan

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet post. My heart keeps breaking when I think of these little ones. I just shared about what precious presents our little ones are and I need to remember that each time I see them. God put it on our hearts to be teachers and He placed each kiddo in our room for a reason. I know each child is blessed to have you as their teacher Joan! Merry Christmas blessings to you!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket