Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What I Learned at the St. Jude Marathon

It is so easy to get overly busy during this time of the year with our "to-do lists" and forget what the season is really all about. I had the privilege of participating in the St. Jude Half Marathon a few days ago here in Memphis, and I have to admit... I mentally crossed that activity off of my "to-do list." Immediately, I had this feeling of 'wow, that didn't seem right...to just consider it an item on my to-do list.' It somehow made it seem so insignificant. It was actually a big deal, to support the children and families who are helped by the caring people at St. Jude.

While I was walking through the St. Jude grounds (part of the marathon course), I got to 'high-five' a little girl, probably about 4-years-old, who was very obviously a St. Jude patient and on the sidelines of the course with her mom. They were showing their thanks for those of us who were willing to spend some time bringing awareness to the need.  Seeing her made my day!

Over the next few weeks, I am going to think of the girl and her mom as a way to remind myself to slow down, be thankful for the blessings God has given, and focus on the miracle of God's love that sent Jesus to earth for us.

Looking forward to celebrating Jesus' birth!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket